I made it.

 I thought I had sent a post last night, from my phone, saying that I completed the full century, (actually 106.2 miles), with fifteen minutes to spare, but in looking this morning, that short post is missing.  I admit that I was a little bit knackered last night, (and I didn't set any records on my bicycle commute in to work this morning either).

I hope and plan to do a proper full writeup with photographs, though I can't promise when - soonish?

5041 feet of climbing. Hail. Vicious wind. In short a full three speed adventure.

The sad thing is that my little stuffed alien guy, with the Society of Three Speeds button, fell off somewhere along the way.  We found him by the side of the road years ago. I hope someone else has adopted him.




Comments

  1. Wonderful. I love your riding outfit. I ride in much the same. I'll bet you were the only 3 speed IGH in the ride. Great job riding a cool bike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I'm pretty sure I was the only IGH hub of any speed in the ride. I'm certain I had the only bike with a full chaincase. Blue jeans always seem to work just as well as riding shorts to me. I have a pair of "proper" cycling shorts, but they never seem that much better and feel awkward in the pub. I'm afraid that the ride finished off that particular pair of jeans.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts