What the Heck - I'm In

Ok, so after yesterday's post, I thought, why not? I might as well participate.  I ran Ride With GPS this morning on my commute up.

As is usual, it is still 5.9 miles.

I took this photograph:

It's cloudy in New Mexico right now because of the remnant of some tropical storm blowing up from Mexico.  The rain is mostly in the eastern part of the state.  The temperature is 61 degrees right now, so it was probably cooler on my ride up.  October is a nice time of year in the foothills of the Sangre de Cristo mountains, and the college where I work is literally in the foothills, at the base of Monte Sol.  I usually leave for work at 6:30 or so, and there is very little traffic - I purposely leave before the school traffic picks up, and I head home from work at 4:00 p.m., before the work traffic lets out, though traffic is never particularly bad in Santa Fe - though, to me at least, it's much worse if you are in a car.

I may try to keep Ride with GPS going to accurately document every ride, but it's not something I'm good at remembering on a daily basis, and I've grown to think a cell phone's tracking me everywhere is a little creepy, so I tend to keep it turned off unless I want to call someone.  At any rate, I'll count every uphill to work as 5.9 miles, and since I return by the same route, every downhill as 5.9 miles.  As the rules count one commute as one ride.  I'll add 11.8 miles for each day I commute to work.  I won't count the 11.8 for yesterday, since I was still on the fence.

On Wednesdays and Thursdays, I bicycle over to the Zendo from work. I'll try to remember to add that in.

I think, for a personal challenge, I'll ride the 1952 Raleigh every day, except for grocery shopping.  It won't fit the trailer hitch I use for groceries, so it will have to be the Happy Little Three Speed for that.

Next week, I'm going to visit my daughter in Maine, from Thursday to the following Tuesday, but that will leave me with the three days a week.

And, as I say, I'm very busy at work these days, so I better get off the internet and get to work.

Happy riding everyone.

Comments

Popular Posts