October 4th Morning Commute

It was raining heavily while we ate breakfast this morning, so I suited up in my bike cape, put the seat cover on the Happy Little Three Speed, and headed out the door to enjoy a rainy ride up to work.  (The temperature, by the way, was in the mid-fifties.)  By the time I left, the rain had gone from heavy to light, and of course, during much of the ride, there was light to no rain at all.  After I arrived, it began to ride heavily again.  That usually happens when I have a rain cape on, especially when it's the banana yellow Grundens bike cape I bought from Rivendell. "Why's he got THAT on? It's not raining."  It is a good cape for the Happy Little Three Speed, because the front is so long, it flops almost all the way across the front basket.  On the Raleigh, it covers the headlight.  I keep my Carradice cape in the saddlebag of the Raleigh.  It's a dark green waxed cotton one I've had for years.  Water seeps through the seems a little bit, but I like it.  It's shorter, and I can tuck it behind the headlight.

Today will be an 11.8 mile day, since it's just up to work and home again.

Comments

Popular Posts