October 22 Morning Commute

It was a little bit warmer this morning than yesterday morning, though I did not look at the thermometer - somewhere in the mid-thirties.  The sky, as you can tell from the photo, was beautiful.  I think we get spoiled here in Northern New Mexico, though I do remember, back when I arrived in the mid-eighties, how absolutely clean and clear the air seemed.  These days, there always seems to be some brown smog down toward Albuquerque.

Will I live long enough to see our cultural transportation choices change, and for the air to be clear again?  I sure hope so.

The 1952 Raleigh is doing beautifully. There's a smoothness to it that's hard to describe.Yes, it's a little heavier than my other bikes, but it just seems to love to go. Everyone says the old Raleighs will last indefinitely. I sure hope so.  (I often think there's a lot of stress on that little cross-shaped clutch.  I try to resume pedaling slowly after I shift gears, so I'm not slamming the clutch around in there.)

Comments

Popular Posts