Thwarted by Technical Difficulties

My weekend is packed, so I didn't have time to do a long dirt ride, down Waldo Canyon Road, so I thought I would take some back ways to work, since I have to be up here for a reception this afternoon.

It was snowing when I left, and since I have not addressed all the rusty spots on the '52 Raleigh, I decided to take the Happy Little Three Speed out.  It was very happy to get out, because I have been riding the Raleigh almost exclusively.

Of course, once I left the house, the snow stopped, and the sun came out, and I was far too warm in my sweater and parka. According to Weather Bug, it is currently 48 degrees in Santa Fe.  There are cells of rain and snow moving through the area, so it's vacillating between warm and chilly depending on whether it is snowing or the sun is shining.  Typical New Mexico spring.

The photo above is actually just a short stretch of the Acequia Trail that happens to be dirt.  I'm not counting that at all.

On Tuesday, we had dinner with friends on Camino San Acacio, a dirt road near work.  Hmmm, I thought, maybe Camino San Acacio is a half mile long.  And so I found myself biking up it in an attempt to meet that Adventure April Challenge.

I stopped at the beginning to take this picture:

And then I rode on up to work, thinking it probably wasn't a full half mile.

When I uploaded the ride from Ride with GPS, I found that it had stopped tracking the ride right at that point, and I am shown, flying straight as an arrow, up to my stopping point.

I checked with Google Maps, and Camino San Acacio is .8 miles long.

I'll have to do it one more time, with my technology working, to document it.

Comments

Popular Posts