Adventure April - The Map Run Tabulated

I went through my climb up to work, carrying my load of maps from the convention center, and tabulated the total elevation gain  climbing at 5% grade or greater.

I come up with a gain of 133 feet.

Of course that is distributed among the following batches of elevation gain at 5% or greater: 21', 29', 42', 1', 20', 12', and 8'.

To some extent, that seems analogous to our organizer's saying to find a 5% section and keep going up and down until you've accomplished the 100' goal.

So, I think that counts.

I would, however, like to find a continuous slope of 5% or greater that climbs for 100'.  I just don't know if I will have an opportunity to this month.

I would like to do a long dirt ride this Saturday, but the tail end of this week's bomb cyclone may still be bringing some rain and snow to the area, and the dirt roads around here can turn to wet clay, which really gums everything up. Plus, I may need to be up at work for a reception that is in the works, and I'm not sure of the distance up to Waldo Canyon Road, down the dirt to the village of Cerrillos, and back to Santa Fe on NM 14.  My guess is it's between 40 and 60 miles.

The weekend of the 20th, if everything is aligned, I will do the overnight.

Comments

  1. Congrats! One challenge checked off.

    To clarify the rules, here's what I said:
    "A climb of 5% or more grade, with a cumulative elevation gain of at least 100 feet (30 m)...If you can’t find a hill with that much gain, you can stitch together two or more hills in a single ride with at least 5% or more grade, or just go up and down the same hill until you hit 100 cumulative feet."

    So:
    Plan A: Find a hill with at least 100 feet of elevation gain, with a grade of 5% or more.
    Plan B: If that doesn't work, stitch two or more hills of 5% or more grade on a ride, so long as the cumulative elevation gain is 100 feet or greater
    Plan C: If A and B don't work, find a hill of 5% or more grade, and go up (and down) it until you hit 100 feet of cumulative elevation gain.

    Shawn
    https://societyofthreespeeds.wordpress.com/3-spd-apr/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts