The Chaincase Arrived for the '52 Raleigh

I bought a chaincase off of British eBay.  The seller said he had taken it off a 1950 Raleigh Sports and began sanding it before deciding to go for a "rat look" whatever that is.

It came with all the mounting hardware, which is a plus, given Raleigh's odd, proprietary threading.

This particular project is beginning to feel like something that will take a lot longer than I would like, particularly given that I work all day.  I want to do a careful paint job on this case and on the few spots of the bike where there's rust.  I need to keep repeating to myself that I'm not going to get it done in one Saturday afternoon.  It will more likely be several Saturday afternoons to do it well.  I always think things will take far less time than they do.

Comments

Popular Posts