Use Those Anti-rotation Washers!

When I took the rear wheel off as I begin to think about pulling the AG hub apart to relube everything in an attempt to figure out why the bike wants to skip through a big neutral between high and low gears, (and I did change the tension quite a bit trying to make sure it wasn't coming to rest in the normal neutral), I found there were no Anti-rotation Washers. The dropout is a little rounded, but I think adding the washers back in will help take care of that. Someone, however, should make a more robust Anti-rotation washer that would extend farther up the dropout than just a little tab.

Comments

  1. Actually, I found that the replacement anti-rotation washers are a little more robust than the stamped steel ones in the hub illustrations, and even better looking than the ones that came with the happy little three speed's hub. I hope that I can get the old bike up and running well, (I guess it runs fine now, but only in two speeds, and with the generator side rotating where it shouldn't). From what I can tell, the serial number - 31644BG - does place the frame as from 1952 as well. Someone has painted it black, but it looks like it is green underneath.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts